So, if you’ve been following me over on my facebook page, you’ll know that this past week, I did a 3-day refresh and had great results even when adding in a little extra to modify because I am still nursing my 3.5 month old. I lost 3 lbs (forgot to take my measurements… whoops!) But, I definitely know that my bloat went down, I was able to break some of my sugar habits and I was happy to break through my plateau going from 175 lbs to 171!
So… as promised, I’m going to share what I did to modify so both mama and baby were happy. 🙂
The Meal Plan
The refresh is VERY low calorie. 900 calories a day to be exact. And that is WAY to low if you are nursing and staying active! So this is what I did WITH modifications!
*First and Foremost… whether you are nursing or not, you MUST drink TONS AND TONS of water throughout the refresh for several different reasons… Water regulates EVERYTHING so in order to get the fiber properly working and keep your system “in flow” it NEEDS water. Also, you are detoxing which means your body is working hard so you don’t want to get dehydrated. We want to flush out those toxins and help control our hunger so in order to do that, you need water… A LOT of water.
*Helpful tip! Prep EVERYTHING like I did pictured here. You’ll be less tempted to reach for something that isn’t in the plan and you’ll set yourself up for success!
Day 1-3: (I ate the same thing all 3 days)
1) Upon Waking: 8-10 oz glass of water + 1/3 kombucha. Before my breakfast I also had 1 scoop of my energize (also this is safe to drink while nursing) and did a light workout.
2) Breakfast: Vegan peppermint moch shakeology with FULL frozen Banana (original refresh calls for 1/2 banana but i used a full) blended with 8 oz of water + 5 oz almond milk + organic nut butter and ice.
3) Morning Tea: Pink Stork lactation tea (to promote healthy lactation). You could add a snack here if you need like 1 cup of fruit.
4) Mid-Morning: Fiber sweep (blech!) Not gunna lie, this isn’t my favorite. I shake it was 5-8 oz of water and just chug it. Dont stop until its gone and then chase it with water. If you notice and tummy or gassy issues with you or baby you could take half a packet. You can also blended this with 8oz of water and some ice to make it more manageable. The Fiber sweep is really important in the refresh. The whole program is very fiber-dense because that’s what eliminates waste from your digestive system.
If you wanted to blend your vanilla shake you could blend it with a FULL banana instead of eating the strawberries. Another option here too is to pick veggies from the list. I just did spaghetti squash because we had it and it needed to be eaten.
7) Afternoon Tea: Pink Stork lactation tea (to promote healthy lactation). You could add a snack here if you need like 1 cup of fruit. I felt like I was in need of something extra here in order to keep my supply up so I added in a cup of fruit (blueberries and raspberries).
8) Dinner: Vanilla fresh protein shake blended (same as lunch) (You could blend with 1/2 banana- original refresh says dont blend with anything.) I also had the coconut steamed veggies (green beans & broccoli) meal from the “dinner options” in the book which is basically mixed vegetables sauteed with coconut oil and a pinch of himilayian salt + pepper. I modified this too and added in an extra cup of roasted sweet potatoes.
9) Evening Tea: I forgot to do this because I felt pretty satisfied after dinner and went to bed early lol. But I would’ve had Pink Storks Tea again OR the optional 1 cup of organic veggie broth that’s allowed.
So, that was it for the meal plan! 🙂 Easy peasy, right? WRONG! lol. Not going to lie… the refresh isn’t easy… well, comparing it to most cleanses out on the market it’s actually quite nice. You actually get to EAT food instead of putting your body in to starvation mode. This isn’t one of those “harsh cleanses.” By feeding your body clean foods that it actually uses.. you’re more likely to keep the weight OFF post-cleanse. But it is challenging both mentally and physically… especially if you aren’t used to eating super clean and you’re already eating more than you’re supposed to. BUT… it’s only 3 days! YOU can do ANYTHING for 3 days. I had a handful of coaches on my team were doing the refresh with me.. so I had plenty of support and accountability to get me through it. 🙂 Plus… I was reallllly determined to break my plateau and get back on the “clean eating” train. I knew it was the jump-start that I needed! That meant I had to stay FOCUSED!
During the refresh, the recommend moderate to mild exercise. By keeping it light you will use your energy more effectively to help clean up your system. I also knew I needed to keep it light because my body was working hard to detox itself AND make milk for my baby… So, instead of going balls to the wall with my MM100 workouts, I did the workouts still just didnt go crazy. Monday I did the freestyle flow, tuesday was LIT cardio (did it slower) and wednesday was downbeat strength (again did it slower).
So, what do you do post-cleanse? You should *continue shakeology!* Which is why the refresh challenge comes with a 30 day supply of shakeology so you can continue feeding your body good nutrition and so you don’t steer yourself off track. Since the refresh, I haven’t felt any cravings for any cheeses, quest bars, crackers or any other temptations I was stuffing my face with prior. 🙂 I find myself wanting more whole foods – fruits, healthy fats and veggies. I will admit, I’m super happy to eat meat again after being completely vegan for 3 days lol!
It also made me realize how many servings of veggies I TRULY need to eat a day to keep seeing and maintaining my results from my workouts. Once you do the refresh you will finally see that nutrition really IS 80% of the equation when it comes to getting the body you want. I’m making it a goal to make sure I get all of my veggies servings in EVERY DAY. So, I’m not only continuing with shakeology but I will also be following the 2b Mindset nutrition plan from here on out. That will ensure that I’m getting exactly what my body needs, how much of it to eat and when to eat it each day.
Hope this was helpful for you today! Talk soon! 🙂