DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE
- 1 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup pure pumpkin (canned)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- 1 cup flour (I did whole wheat)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- mini chocolate chips for topping – optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the mashed bananas and sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the applesauce, vanilla and egg. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top and bake for 25-30 minutes. Mine took 28.
1 package cream cheese
1 cup powder sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Mis all ingredients in an electric mixer until smooth. If too thin add more powder sugar! Spread on top of COOL cake!