Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- 1 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup flour (can use wheat flour or sub with almond, coconut or GF blend flour)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil by putting it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Beat in the eggs. Add in the maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the mixture into the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3-5 days.
Peanut Butter Date Balls
They are only 5 ingredients (6 if you roll in chocolate)
Blend/pulse ½ cup oats.
Add 1 big spoonful creamy PB (maybe and ⅛ cup),
1.5 scoops vanilla shakeology or protein powder of choice
6 dates (that have been soaked in warm water for 5 minutes)
4-5 tbsp of agave syrup.
BLEND until all mixed. You might have to stop and push down the sides. Once blended together, roll into balls. And roll in melted chocolate chips. Put in refrigerator until hard. Keep in Refrigerator.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE
- 1 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup pure pumpkin (canned)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- 1 cup flour (I did whole wheat)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- mini chocolate chips for topping – optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat an 8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the mashed bananas and sugar into a large mixing bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the applesauce, vanilla and egg. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top and bake for 25-30 minutes. Mine took 28.
1 package cream cheese
1 cup powder sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Mis all ingredients in an electric mixer until smooth. If too thin add more powder sugar! Spread on top of COOL cake!